Let's Talk About Jewelry Art! ...and other things too...

I am interested in promoting my jewelry to the individual who appreciates handcrafting and who enjoys wearing pieces of jewelry that are unique. I hope to connect with persons who are interested in buying my jewelry. I would be interested in inquiries to participate in craft/art shows. Custom orders taken.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Hammers!


Most of the posts here have been after I have completed a piece of jewelry. I never really get down to how these pieces are made. The reality is I start with either silver or copper wire or sheet goods and form and fashion from there...

Along with that goes a lot of cutting, sawing, twisting, hammering, soldering or torching, pickling, polishing...and second guessing...

Thus, my hands, from whence these pieces are born...get cut, pricked, sliced, burned, and just plain sore from the heavy gauge wire.

Lately I have been exploring hammers! Pondering over different shapes, sizes and weights. This hammer head is designed not to leave edge marks, this one to make nice round indentions in the metal, this one requires less bang from me...because of its weight...

But what I have really discovered and is the intent of this post is...

The weight of the hammer is directly proportionate to the BLOOD BLISTER!


Anita Tosti of Gypsy Design Jewelry



Be sure and check out my teams work at http://www.eclecticjewelryartisans.com/


No comments: